Saturday 30 June 2012

A soft Goodbye

lay me down upon the sand and let your self-hate melt away
As daylight merges with the night time skies I’ll be on my way
breathe in deep and close your eyes and dream of better times
fill your ears with giggles from nonsensical childlike rhymes

don't look upon the path you left behind to wander wild and free
amongst the nodding bluebell heads that blush beneath the trees
hide your shame deep within the earth and cushion it with moss
carve the words "I don't care" until they stand proud and emboss

let memories fly like the wounded birds that haunt your thirsty mind
it is your own voice, not my own that whispers words to you unkind
be at peace as you retrace each step when walking along the tow
that where you were weak, I was strong when I felt you let me go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment