Tuesday 18 January 2011

No Good Reason


Strange things happen and I wonder if they are designed for no other reason than to make me wonder. I mean why is it that the only shoe lace to untie is my right shoe... why is it that pipes burst at night... why is that lightbulbs blow when it's dark?... So many universal happenings without any good reason.

I don't have that busy a life really, but it always seems that I only go to the toilet when I'm absolutely bursting. I hang on and hang on just a small child before making it to the loo only just in time. Post childbirth control makes this an even riskier business and even tho' I know that, I still hang on. Well last night I did it again and that's when it happened.

I danced into the toilet only to find that the bulb had gone and it was pitch dark. There's nothing I need to see and the room is very familiar so I was a bit surprised when my brain halted me with a bit 'NO, SORRY CAN'T DO IT IN THE DARK'.... Still jiggling around from one foot to the other I had no idea what I was going to do. Or more's the point how I was not going to do what was imminently inevitable!

Being the resourceful woman I am I hot footed it to the hallway where I always have a welcome scented candle. Grabbing both the candle and a box of matches I wiggled myself back to the dark toilet. Candle lit... matches thrown... button flicked .... and RELAX..... phew I made it.

Sitting in the dark I began to make shadow animals on the wall beside me and thought that going by candle light wasn't so bad. Two dogs, a fox and a crocodile later and it seemed that my inner child had decided that this was too much fun to be missing out on. So every 20 minutes I developed a psychological need to go pee. Just like those other strange things I mentioned earlier I have no explanation for this urgency to up my bathroom visits, which stopped the next day when I replaced the bulb. So I was left thinking, perhaps having no good reason at all... is a good enough reason after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment